Some what in the Broom Closet



As I stated in my last post I become frustrated that I am not allowed to share my faith and understanding with others without the fear of persecution and ridicule, I live in a small town which makes the fear of this probably even more predominate in many ways. I am certain however, that most people of various faiths feel this way to some extent. Yet there is nothing more frightening to most people, especially it seems the Catholic and Christian churches have made us out to be ugly and scary people who sacrifice animals and worship the devil.  I have to meet a fellow witch and neither one of us do this or are ugly.  It seems rather ironic to me that, the faith that has taught people  to harm others in the name of their God and their beliefs and people are suppose to just accept it because they are only human. Yet let a person of another faith stumble and fall, and the fall out is extreme.


For my part the challenge of being somewhat in the broom closet comes out in various ways, I can not openly practice my faith in ways I would like because we live close to our Christian landlord, I have to present a house to the outside world that looks like any other home for fear that I will be judged for a ancient faith they choose to not understand. I don't like this, I feel as though threw no fault of my own I am being persecuted because I chose to embrace a path and faith that has been calling to me since before I was born. I worry that my friends if they find out will persecute me instead of love me regardless and I have had many of these friends for years. Yet despite all of this I chose to follow this path, to listen to my inner voice that calls me to it and encourages me to embrace it.


I have tried following Christianity, and the discomfort level that I experienced is beyond words, I am uncertain of how people can worship a god who is so judgmental and yet preaches 'acceptance'.  Acceptance as long as the human is like god, that hardly seems plausible or fair to ask of a human but needless to say that it did not last, Because inside was a voice that kept asking me what I was doing and where I was going, encouraging me to for a walk to watch the stars to go walk where the sea and land meet to take in the beauty of mother nature all around me both quite and profound and I kept feeling the need to follow that voice to find the peace it promised was there. So here I sit in front of my lap top feeling frustrated that I am unable to openly practice my faith one that called me from the beginning it seems and one that brings me a sense of understanding and belonging unlike any other ever has, I find it frustrating that I am not allowed to openly share my new found sense of understanding and calm because the ' Sunday Christians' can't handle anything other than their religion that has taken so much from so many other walks of faith.


Yes I am bitter about this, in part because we live in a nation where religious tolerance is part of the Democratic and more important human experience, and its acceptable to state your faith as long as you are one of 'them' the in-crowd if you will. I am not, I follow my path I try to understand my callings and let it my guide me down my path. Because in truth I am just like them, I bleed, when I am cute, I cry when I hurt, I fear, and I have joy I am a human being who has chosen to follow the inner voice to follow the path that see's magic all around us because it is. So I sit here some what in the broom closet, wishing that I didn't have to hide this sense of That is what faith should be about finding a place where your soul finds comfort and your stresses, disappear for a while. So because it's clear that my being different I stay partially hidden in the broom closet, wishing that one faith could not dictate the acceptability of other faiths in a nation where religious tolerance is apart of the laws of the nation.






Comments

Popular Posts