It's the most beautiful time of the year.......



Let me start by saying in my home we celebrate the Yuletide, in part because my husband and I grew up celebrating Christmas. When our child was born we celebrated Christmas with them, before I finally found the courage to listen to my heart and follow the calling I heard. So we celebrate the whole time, our child likes this as they get a present on Yule some on Christmas Eve from family and than our Christmas day and Christmas evening with other family. 


Why is this important because it sets the tone for the rest of this blog or at least for me it does, and since I am writing it you will just have to bare with me. Late Fall and Winter have always been a very magical time of the year in my home, in part because I live in New England and as I sit here and write this we are currently getting snow the tree's in my yard are covered in snow the yard is white, and the tranquilty that falling snow imparts.  The snow itself is peaceful the wind that comes with the storm makes my windchimes dance and the music is always an interesting contrast against it.  For those that listen to Christmas music, the songs of course are a mix of Christian and of non-religious music, it is interesting to me that these songs talk about the beauty of the season; and, you may wonder why this is interesting, and you may not. 


To me what makes it interesting is that it seems the only time the 'rest' of the world, the accepted groups of religion in general will only notice the beauty of mother nature when she throws it in their faces, and their acceptance of the beauty given is short lived. Know granted, I live in New England in the northern part and we get ALOT of snow, and this is an understatement in last three weeks our Brick and Mortar schools, my child goes to a virtual academy and so they have classes no matter what which is great because we can plan trips for the end of the year with no concern for missing the last day of school. So I get the having had enough of the white stuff by middle of March, I often feel that way myself so I get it.

I guess the difference is that as a witch we embrace nature, the goddesses and gods and so forth, so perhaps it is just me but I doubt it, but the most beautiful time of the year, should be all the time shouldn't it? Or is the only way people notice it due to the holiday season and after the celebration and glow of the season that people celebrate for what ever reason?

Comments

Popular Posts